Invisalign is a dental treatment system made of clear, custom-made braces cemented to the teeth on either side of the jawline. The braces are designed to move and shift your teeth to look their best and function better.
The treatment is usually done in stages over several months, and you can expect to see a significant improvement in your smile after just a few treatment sessions.
Here are some tips for keeping your treatment clean and healthy:
1) Ensure that your braces are kept clean – daily brushing with a soft toothbrush is enough to keep them clean. If plaque or food buildup becomes an issue, you may need to have them cleaned more regularly by your dentist.
2) Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasives on your braces – these can damage the braces and cause them to loosen over time.
3) Avoid swallowing water or other fluids while wearing your braces – this can lead to bacteria buildup and damage to the braces.
4) Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water while wearing your braces – this will help keep your mouth clean and healthy.
Tips for Prevention of Invisalign Problems
If you are new to Invisalign, or if your teeth need cleaning and prevention is your number one goal, here are some tips for you:
1. Keep your smile healthy by practicing good oral hygiene habits. Regular brushing and flossing remove plaque and food debris that can lead to dental problems. Plus, brush your tongue regularly- it’s a significant player in producing bad breath.
2. If you drink coffee or tea, avoid putting toothpaste on your toothbrush – both liquids can harden Invisalign braces over time. Instead, use an electronic toothbrush head designed specifically for cleaning teeth with no bristles or water.
3. Avoid using air fresheners or scented mouthwash – these chemicals can irritate your teeth and gums. Stick to unscented versions of regular mouthwash or use a natural freshener like cinnamon oil or peppermint extract.
Tips for preventing Invisalign from becoming dirty and smelly
Invisalign is the best choice for people interested in improving their smile, but it can get dirty and smelly over time.
Here are some tips for preventing Invisalign from becoming contaminated and smelly:
1. Keep your aligners clean. Make sure to clean them daily, and avoid brushing them too hard or using harsh cleaning agents.
2. Avoid eating garlic or onion. These foods can make your aligners smell bad and contain chemicals that can damage your teeth.
3. Drink plenty of water. If you’re going to drink alcohol, brush your teeth afterward to avoid re-contaminating your aligners with alcohol residue.
4. Use mouthwash occasionally. Mouthwash is a great way to keep your teeth and gums healthy and help keep your aligners clean.
5. Prevent gum disease. If you have gum disease, check your dentist regularly to get your teeth cleaned and treated appropriately. This will help keep your Invisalign clean and free from plaque buildup.
How to clean my Invisalign appliances
If you have Invisalign appliances, you will need to clean them regularly to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Read on for tips on cleaning your Invisalign appliances and preventing buildup from happening in the first place.
How to Clean Invisalign Appliances: Tips and Prevention
Cleaning your Invisalign appliances is essential to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Here are some tips on how to do it:
1. Regularly brush your teeth after each meal, using a soft toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Rinse the toothbrush and put it in the sink before brushing your teeth again.
2. Make sure to flush all the food particles stuck between your teeth down the toilet after eating. This includes anything that might have been stuck in between your teeth and anywhere on your face or tongue.